Monday, November 23, 2009

1.

I was walking along Hoxton Street, London, when three school girls turned a corner ahead of me. The girl in the middle was carrying a copy of The London Paper, and as I followed them en route to the Post Office she started to tear it into strips that she dropped to the ground. The London Paper certainly deserves to be shredded for wasting such large volumes of paper on such mindless 'news'. However, no paper should be shredded and simply dumped on the street.

On another occasion I was on a street in Dalston, and noticed a lady in reasonably smart clothing walking ahead of me. She was eating a chocolate bar. When she finished she inexplicably threw the wrapper on the ground instead of using the rubbish bin that was about ten steps ahead of her.

Young or old, educated or not, some serious work needs to be done in the UK on the "someone else will do it" mentality.

2 comments:

  1. This drives me crazy too... what is wrong with people???? I wish I had the gall to pick up their trash, chase after them and say "Excuse me, you dropped this!"

    ReplyDelete